Employment & Opportunity
Now Hiring Newborn Nannies, Postpartum Doulas and Newborn Care Consultants
Happy Newborns is Looking for Exceptional Newborn Care Providers
If you are looking for a newborn care agency that supports you in what you love to do—providing excellent care to newborns and outstanding support for stressed, overwhelmed parents—then you’ve met your match with Happy Newborns! Our pledge to our Infant Care providers is to treat you with respect, operate in a professional fashion, pay competitively (and timely!), assist you in the best way possible in your career path and consider you a valued team member in our mutual success. Additionally, as detailed as we get in our caregiver interviews, we also get in our client interviews to ensure the best possible fit for both.
Who Happy Newborns Hires
|RN/LPN Certified Newborn Care Specialist (NCSA) or Equivalent||$$$$$||Our most coveted caregivers! For babies with more complex medical needs or parents who want ultimate peace of mind. NCSA Certification or equivalent with 5+ years of experience in newborn care, specialized training and certification.|
|NCSA Certified Newborn Care Specialist||$$$$||NCSA Certified with 5+ years of experience in newborn care, specialized training and certification.|
|Newborn Care Specialist||$$$||2+ years of experience in newborn care with specialized training and completion of NCSA coursework.|
|Newborn Care Provider||$$||Less than 2 years of experience in newborn care working toward completion of their NCSA coursework. Providers work closely with a mentor and are well managed and capable.|
|Postpartum Doula||$$$||A trained and certified mother’s helper primarily but can assist in light household duties and infant/sibling care.|
|Newborn Care Consultants||$$$$||Expert consulting in Sleep Training (guaranteed), Overall Newborn Support, Lactation Counseling, Advance My Baby Counseling, Nursery Design, Organization, Stocking, Premature Baby Care, Special Needs Care, Multiples Skills, Reflux or Colic, Nap Scheduling Organic Baby, Scheduling Baby, Family Adjustment|
In addition to the experience outlined in the chart above, Happy Newborns also requires the following:
- You must demonstrate qualities of reliability, trustworthiness, honesty, a love of children, professionalism and a good work ethic.
- You must demonstrate the required training and experience for your newborn care category (RN/LPN, NCSA Newborn Care Specialist, Newborn Care Specialist, Newborn Care Provider, and Postpartum Doula).
- You must be a minimum of 21 years of age.
- You must provide 2 forms of personal identification.
- You must provide current Infant CPR & First Aid certification.
- You must provide an updated resume with experience and qualifications.
- You must provide 3 excellent work references and 2 personal references.
- You must be authorized to work in the U.S. (verified Social Security number).
- You must be a willing to undergo various rigorous backgrounds checks (national and international background checks, National Sex Offender Registry check, Child Abuse Registry check, DMV)
- You must be able to read, write and speak English fluently.
- You must be a non-smoker.
- You must engage in a face-to-face interview (Skype may be possible) with a Happy Newborns representative prior to being eligible for work with us.
- You must successfully complete our Ethics & Procedures Training, including passing a written test.
- You must show proof of updated TDAP, annual flu shot and TB test within the last 4 years.
Newborn Care Specialists, Newborn Care Providers and Night Nannies provide similar services. Their experience varies, however. RNs and LPNs, of course, will be able to handle more complex medical needs (and provide ultimate peace of mind). Some of our Infant Caregivers may offer additional assistance such as running errands, light housework, family laundry and/or meal preparation.
- Sleep training
- Education and support
- Premature baby care
- Reflux / colic
- Circumcision / umbilical cord care
- Soothing and swaddling techniques
- Lactation support
- Baby scheduling
- Infant laundry
- Infant bathing
- Nursery organization, stocking
- Organic baby education
- Detailed record keeping of baby’s activities
Postpartum Doulas mainly support the mother and the family as they transition. Services include but are not limited to the following:
- Lactation support
- Ensure mother’s comfort
- Family support, including siblings
- Emotional, physical support
- Light housekeeping
- Light meal preparation
- Baby soothing
- Newborn care assistance
In addition to Newborn Nannies, Happy Newborns also provides Newborn Consultations from expert Infant Care Specialists. Using their wealth of information based on in depth training and caring for countless newborns, our Newborn Consultants cut through the maze of often conflicting newborn care recommendations with common sense, effective techniques and approaches to caring for infants. We offer consultations in the home or over the phone in the following areas:
- Sleep Training
- Overall Newborn Support
- Lactation Counseling
- Advance My Baby Counseling
- Nursery Design, Organization, Stocking
- Premature Baby Care
- Special Needs Care
- Multiples Skills
- Reflux or Colic
- Nap Scheduling
- Organic Baby
- Scheduling Baby
- Family Adjustment
Our Hiring Process
- Submit a resume and fill out our extensive online Newborn Caregiver application that includes questions on personality, job preferences and skill sets.
- A Happy Newborns representative evaluates the application and will then reach out to schedule an interview if we are interested in your qualifications and presentation.
- If we feel you are a good fit for clients after the interview, then we will check and verify your references and work history. A rigorous background check will also be completed.
- If these check out, then you will be eligible to work with us after completing our Ethics and Procedures Training, passing a written test and signed off on your understanding of our policies and procedures. You must also agree to acceptable nanny practices and abide by all nanny laws and regulations.
- As we have clients that we feel may be a good fit based on your profile, we will contact you to see if you are available and interested in working with them based on their profile. If there is interest on both sides, we will send the family your information. Understand that the family may be speaking with a few candidates.
- You may go to an interview with the client or have a Skype interview with them.
- If the client is interested in having you provide care, a Happy Newborns representative will reach out to you to confirm your interest.
For Newborn Caregivers:
- They must demonstrate qualities of reliability, trustworthiness, honesty, a love of children, professionalism and a good work ethic.
- They must demonstrate the required training and experience for their newborn care category (RN/LPN, NCSA Newborn Care Specialist, Newborn Care Specialist, Newborn Care Provider, Postpartum Doula).
- They must be a minimum of 21 years of age.
- They must have a minimum of 3 years experience working with newborns.
- They must provide 2 forms of personal identification.
- They must provide current Infant CPR & First Aid certification.
- They must provide an updated resume with experience and qualifications. They must provide 3 excellent work references and 2 personal references.
- They must be authorized to work in the U.S. (verified Social Security number).
- There must be a willingness to undergo various background checks (national and international background checks, National Sex Offender Registry check, Child Abuse Registry check).
- They must be able to read, write and speak English fluently.
- They must be a non-smoker.
- They must engage in a face-to-face interview (Skype may be possible) with a Happy Newborns representative prior to being eligible for work with us.
- They must successfully complete our Ethics & Procedures Training, including passing a written test. They must show proof of updated TDAP, annual flu shot and TB test within the last 4 years.